Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:11 AM   #1

I recently purchased the Canon S1 and I am very pleased with it. The pictures on my computer looked fine, but when I had them developed proffesionally I was VERY impressed. The colors, and sharpness of the pictures rivals or betters my 35mm camera. I even had a 8x10 made of a sunset to see how it performed on bigger prints. It turned out very good.

Anyway, the question is.... What can I put on the end of the lens to protect it from scratchs and stuff? I am also wondering if there are any good aftermarket lenses that I can buy for the S1. I am only an amateur but I would like to use the S1 to its full capability.

Thanks
Intern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:10 PM   #2

~Check out lensmate's website. I hope this helps you in some way.~

8)

http://www.lensmateonline.com/S1.html
PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:33 PM   #3

Some people recommend putting a UV filter to protect the lens. The stuff from lensmate is endorsed by many users so do check them out.

If you are really into it, you can attach telephoto, macro, and wide-angle lenses.

BTW, do you sharpen any of your images?
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:50 PM   #4

I do not sharpen any of my images. This is the first week that I have really used the camera, and the first set of prints that I have developed (Still hoping this camera was the right choice)

Anyway, I will be messing with the images later on to see what I can come up with to make them even better
Intern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:36 PM   #5

S1 IS produces soft pics. A lot of people, including me, sharpen the pics. You can do it in-camera or with an image editor. I use the freely bundled Arcsoft PhotoStudio package to sharpen images (you can find it in the enhance menu). Check it out...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote