Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 8, 2002, 3:37 PM   #1

Default G3 & the WC-DC58N Wide Angle Converter

Anyone here use the WC-DC58N Wide Angle Converter on the Canon G3? If so, what do you think? Nice photos? Easy to use? Does it add tremedously to the bulk and weight of the camera, making it unwieldly? I understand that it partially blocks the viewfinder and flash . . . is that true? Thank you.
riegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2002, 3:56 PM   #2

Hi Riegal,

I picked up my new G3 just yesterday and the WC-DC58N is backordered so I cannot tell you exactly how good it will be. But...

I just traded in my G2 with wide-angle lens and I loved the combination. I have every reason to believe the new lens on the G3 will be just as good and probably even better.

But don't think that this lens will be the only source of blocking the viewfinder... even the standard built-in lens can be seen through the viewfinder when in wide-angle mode. This doesn't really bother me, but I would have expected better for a camera of this calibre. Of course if you use the LCD you will have no problems at all.

So far I love the G3. Big improvements over the G2, and I love the 4x optical zoom. Software (in the camera) is better also, and the controls feel more easy to use. I haven't printed anything yet, but I feel I will be VERY happy with the camera. (Just wish it was black!)

Hope this helps...

Tim (in Canada)
TD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2002, 6:47 PM   #3

Thank you for the information.
riegal is offline   Reply With Quote