Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:37 PM   #1

Ok My girlfriend bought an A85, today, and i went over to her place and was playing around with it. And I took a bunch of pics and a few movies. in indoor lighting. mostly with the flash on. And they looked fine on the A85's LCD. AND i had heard that the A85's LCD didn't gain up much or at all when things were to dark. SO anyway.
I hook it up to the comp and copy paste the files like it is a removable storage device. And when i look at the pics and movies, they are like super dark. So i load up the software and try through their software. SAME thing

Now editing the pics with their built in program lets me adjust the brightness. And in Pitch black areas when I brighten it. What you see in the LCD starts to show up. At about 10 gain, you can see basically what you see in the LCD.

Now anyone else know whats happening here? it doesn't make sense to me at all...
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:47 AM   #2

Hi! First you should check that your monitor is calibratedright. Youshould first adjust your monitor brighness/contrast.
Bache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:38 PM   #3

The monitor isn't the problem, I did check that.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:10 PM   #4

Post one or two of those dark pics on this forum and see if anyone else sees it as dark on their monitors...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:11 PM   #5

Ahh ok, I was about to post them (she had to send them to my comp) and now i see they are lighter

whats weird is her desktop and IE all show up like normal brightness (It didn't look like her settings were darker than say my monitor).. so I was wondering why her pictures seemed so much darker...

Thanks again