Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:00 AM   #1

I got my A75 two months ago and took around 3000 pics with it since I have a 512mb memory. It was working fine, until it suddenly died on me:evil:!!!!!!!First i thought it was just the battery so i changed it, but when i turned it on. The lense just move a little and the green indicator light just flashed green. Is it the CCD that failed? How many pics can i take before the CCD fails
ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:00 AM   #2

I feel your pain, My A70 died while on vaction last summer. I think its the lens mechanism or something.
Is there an error message displayed???
Whatever you do, don't take it apart. I decided I would, then I sold it on ebay in parts! If you can't return it, sell it whole, you'll get more for it!

Thats the best advice I can give.
:-)
lenscaplarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:28 PM   #3

I would be surprised if the problem is with the CCD. I've taken over 5,000 pictures with my A75 without any problems. Anyways, the shutter is going to give out before the CCD does. If you turn on the unit under play mode does the camera operate normally? If the camera is still under warranty why not just send it in?

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:24 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about that. But since you only had it for a couple of months, then you should be able to get a new one right? Since it should be covered. Just as long as you didn't do anything like drop it, or take it into extreme conditions or something like that...then you should be ok...they'll either fix it or give you a new one.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:46 PM   #5

The Canon warranty lasts for 1 year on all new products and assuming your A75 was new at the time of purchase, the warranty should apply and you should send it to Canon. This is definitively not something which is normal... If I am not mistaken the CCD is good for something like 200 000 shots or something as crazy as that.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:29 AM   #6

thanks for the advice. i almost did take it apart bec. of my frustration! it was christmas eve when it died on me:evil:!!!! bummerr. thanks again to everyone!!!!!!
ganja is offline   Reply With Quote