Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:43 PM   #11

you can get the adapter/hood combo on ebay or at lensmate.com. You can also buy the original canon one at most camera stores. The original combo is around $30, but the ones on ebay are around $17usd.

This is what the quality looks like w/3.5 tele. mind you I just pointed it out the window in P mode, 50 ISO w/ no tinkering pre/post. (aside from 25% resize)I'm gonna give it another try with better subject, as I think shallow DOF/ camera weight/flimsy tripod, may have added to the dreaded results.
Attached Images

lenscaplarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:33 PM   #12

That is not such a bad price if a person can get a fairly decent tele to put on it. I used to use a 10X monocular at one time on my Nikon 990. It never really produced what we would call great quality results. It was a lot of fun though to see what can be done. I will look forward to seeing your other samples. Maybe if you have time, you could show one aside the other comparing the 10X with the 3.5 added next to it.
pcimaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:51 PM   #13

I actually did that when I shot the photo above. I tried to post them both, but only one gets posted??

Anyhoo, this is from the exact same spot at 10x.

Ill post more later with better subjects...
Attached Images

lenscaplarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:36 AM   #14

I was wondering what it'd take to make a couple lenses:

1 - a telescoping super telephoto lens
aperture is 24" wide, effective of F/16 or so.
telescoping so that the lens can be compacted down to no more than 6 feet long (or, including the camera and adaptor, 6 feet 6 inches or so)
I wonder how long of a focal length could be had with a baby like that..

also, a super macro lens - not really sure of the specs on this one, but I want to fill the frame with the heads of insects, for example.

Also, a redirection lens, so I can point the front of my lens one direction and take a picture of something else, off to the side, for example.

Any ideas on how to do things like that?
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote