Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:08 AM   #171

You can find[color="#0000a0"]http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~jo262/miscellany/broken_lcd_cracked_screen_canon_sd-300_sd-200_ixus-40_ixus-30.html] instructions on replacing the broken lcd screen on your digital camera. (Tells you where to buy a new lcd screen and how to replace a cracked lcd screen.)

You can also find instructions on how to fix a broken lcd screen that has just gone black. (It hasn't cracked.) These instructions are for canon cameras with rotatable screens.
andyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:11 PM   #172

CANON IXUS 500 .YES I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO WITH THE CRACKED LCD SCREEN . I PURCHASED MINE IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA AND EVERYTHING WAS GOING FINE FOR THE FIRST 12 MONTHS UNTILL I OPENED THE CAMERA BAG THE OTHER DAY AND FOUND IT CRACKED (BOY WAS I PISSED) THE KIDS NORMALLY BORROW IT AND ARE NORMALLY VERY ONNEST. SO I ASKED THEM WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON TO USE THE CAMERA.

WELL IT WAS MY ELDEST DAUGHTER SO I BLAMMED HER FOR THE CRACKING BOY DID SHE GO OFF. I FELT SO BAD AND WAS ANGRY SO I STAARTED TO SEARCH ALL THE THREADS ON THIS PROBLEM AND BLOW ME DOWN EVERYBODY IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM. SO I AM DOING WHAT MOST OF YOU ARE DOINGPURCHASING MY OWN LCD AND HAVING A GO .HA IF I STUFF IT HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT BE I WILL TRY AND BECOME A LITTLE SKILLED IN CAMERAMECHANICS. ALSO I HAD TROUBLE IN TRYING TO GET PART NUMBERS FOR MY SCREEN AND CANON WOULD NOT SELL TO THE PUBLIC ONLY TO TECHNICIANS.SO I SEARCHED AND FOUND THIS SITE HOPE IT HELPS SOMEBODY ELSE MINE ARE ON THE WAY.

http://thefotogeeks.com/faqs_answers.htm

SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY INVOLVED FOR ALL THESE GREAT THREADS OF INFORMATION AND FOR SPEEKING OUT .KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. AND NOW I BETTER GO AND APPOLAGISE TO MY DAUGHTER. SO CHEERS GUYS ALL THE BEST FROM SYDNEY AUSTRALIA.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.

Scorpionman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:07 AM   #173

Well, I have an update. As my SD300 collects dust, because of it, I have an extra battery for my SD450... and I already had the SD card so it wasn't aa TOTAL loss except that i had to buy a whole new damn camera! oh well.. So it has been about 4 months and i have managed not to break the lcd screen (hopefully i have not spoken too soon! haha) I did buy the screen protector for $6 and I HAVE dropped the camera on the floor 1 time. there is now a scratch on the lcd protector, but the lcd screen is still ok... i have been carrying it in my purse in the little zipper part and it seems to be ok... but i'm sure it is only a matter of time. I was going to boycott canon cameras, but all the other brands i tried SUCKED so I had to go back to canon against my will. I REALLY wish canon would do something about this...

that was funny about the canada best buy manager who wanted to fire the employee who gave the bad information, but did nothing about the camera. GREAT! haha

Well, I'll keep you all posted as to the day my lcd screen breaks lol
maryannville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:10 AM   #174

I don't get it. Sometimes we can get it fixed for free with no problems, and other times they charge $220! wtf? why is this?
maryannville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:37 PM   #175

i inadvertently ordered 2 sd300 lcd's... damn... anyone want to buy one? please message me. Thanks
netdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:00 PM   #176

Well it has happened again, my LCD on my SD 200 broke once again, this is the third time (second time since I installed my Da Oly protector) that this happens. This time I will not accept a repair, I want either a replacement camera that doesn't break this easily or a full refund.

This is getting rediculous, I can't have my pocket camera with me in a protective case with screen protector without the screen breaking.

All of my other cameras just keeps on going (two sonys and a HP), heck even my first digicam from 1998 from Kodak still works if I remove the cobwebbs from it.

Can anyone say for sure that any of the current compact canons is more reliable?
htguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:35 PM   #177

Ok so I just called canon today about my cracked lcd on my sd450 and what the guy told me to do is send it in with the sales receipt, warranty information and what happened and they will decide if it's covered under warranty or not? Was just wondering if other people had this same outcome while talking to support on the phone. Any suggestions on if it's worth it to send it in and have them decide. If I do I will be out 10 bucks in shipping but I guess it might be worth a shot. He also told me you can decide if you want them to repair it or not if it's not covered under warranty. What do you guys think?
Cappuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:11 PM   #178

Hi,

I have a SD200 that may need a screen. Let me know if you have the screen available still.

Ty,

PT
meesterpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:09 AM   #179

nope, i had my SD700 elph in my lil carry bag and i dropped the bag...the camera was in a semi-hard case and the LCD still cracked. only had it for one month...im heartbroken...

btw how hard IS IT to install a new LCD in the camera?

and also, anyone have added problems after they got back the camera wiht the fixed LCD or was it as good as new?

Argo84 wrote:
Quote:
My SD400 was repaired under warranty and sent back to me in less than 2 weeks. My impression is that the cracking LCD screen issue wasn't fixed until the SD600 or SD630. Its a shame that this happens with cameras that are otherwise top drawer.
phoenixbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:55 PM   #180

i think, send it in, they can decide whether it is worth fixing...and if not, ,they can send it back to you,, or else if its under warranty, they will fix it then send it back...then u can sell it and get another camera that doesnt have this history of problems...

Cappuch wrote:
Quote:
Ok so I just called canon today about my cracked lcd on my sd450 and what the guy told me to do is send it in with the sales receipt, warranty information and what happened and they will decide if it's covered under warranty or not? Was just wondering if other people had this same outcome while talking to support on the phone. Any suggestions on if it's worth it to send it in and have them decide. If I do I will be out 10 bucks in shipping but I guess it might be worth a shot. He also told me you can decide if you want them to repair it or not if it's not covered under warranty. What do you guys think?
phoenixbebe is offline   Reply With Quote