Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 17, 2002, 5:53 PM   #21

Too bad you can't return it. It might be a lemon. Other than the harsh flash problem, I'm happy to say So Far that pictures are clear and well focused for the most part. That and the awsomely portable size make it IMHO a great pal in my pocket.
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:21 AM   #22

Default Blurry Shot tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaman
I'd say over 75% of my pictures are out of focus and blurry. I have used a tripod with a timer, and still get blurry pictures. I am extremely frustrated.
As Daveboy suggested, you might have a lemon (my first S230 died a week after I got it. Canon replaced it).

But you might try a couple of things. First if you're shooting indoors or low light, make sure your ISO is 100 or faster.

A common reason for blury handheld shots is ironically the best feature of the camera. It's size. Because it is so small, people often shoot one-handed or find it difficult to hold with both hands. Be sure to hold the camera firmly with both hands when shooting and pressing the shutter.

Also because most people use the LCD rather than the viewfinder, they naturally hold the camera further away to view it . So be sure to tuck your arms in and rest your elbows on your body when shooting in low light.

Hope this helps. :?
moondaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:37 PM   #23

right moondaug. Also slaman, don't forget to...
a) push the shutter button down half way to give the camera a chance to focus lock on your subject, before fully pressing shutter button.
b) make sure the lens is clean.
c) make sure your glasses/contact lenses are clean.... (presuming you wear)
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote