Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:41 PM   #41

I am glad to see everyone fired up about this subject. As I said in my previous posts, this is NOT a Canon bashing or person bashing post. It is a post that says we are tired of being strung along like a donkey ( jackass??) with a carot in front of our face. These are SIMPLE FIXES that when they are not done, smacks me of a company that thinks its so damn high and mighty and that they know better. Well guess what? I ain't buyin it... literally! The more people stand up and let the company know what we are thinking AND that we are pissed enough to do something about it.. ( like not buy their products) maybe they will listen and change the really simple and obvious things worng with their cameras ( like stupid cheap plastic battery doors or poor battery meters on very expensive cameras)

Thanks for all of your support and even the ones that don't like what I said, you have your opinion and a right to it.
peterdaniel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:21 AM   #42

:evil:Consumersare smarter than you think, market place will dictate its products. Noboby against criticizing products on a reasonable ground and on an acceptable manner rather then criticize all of us as stupid consumers. Any intelligent person wouldn't put himself in the pentacle to criticize all of the consumers stupid for no reason at all.

Remember "Ford Edsel"? no matter what FORD said about this car, we as the consumer didn't buy it, subsequently FORD have to stop produce the car.

You stated in your Jan.30/2005 thread" TELL ALL OF US LOOK IN THE MIRROR and I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THESE REPLY, I CONSIDER THIS THREAD NOW CLOSED". You have eaten your own word.
jimmy380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:42 AM   #43

oh bite me dork, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about when it comes to the edsel and why it didn't sell.. Stick to things you know, if anything that... Now its turned personal ... Happy? Couldn't keep ya trap shut now could ya?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:15 AM   #44

peterdaniel66 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for all of your support and even the ones that don't like what I said, you have your opinion and a right to it.
Peter,

Please know that no one on this forum is faulting you for your complaintswith Canon. Most of themare justified and should be expressed. The concern is thatyou havechosena VERY HARSH way of expressing them. Once one distills out all your anger, frustration,etc.,you make some good points that Canon should listen to.

The problem is, most (including theCanon Co.) willlikely choose to ignore theapproach you have chosen,as youhave paintedyourself as a 'ranter' and 'bitcher'.I am beginning to suspect that this wasn't your original intent.

If you really want Canon (and others) to listen and take you seriously,you may want to consider tryinga different approach.Please know that thisis said with all due respect, and no insult intended.

Respectfully,

Dean, et al
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 4:00 AM   #45

peterdaniel66 wrote:
Quote:
oh bite me dork ...Stick to things you know ... Now its turned personal ...Couldn't keep ya trap shut now could ya?
Given theabove, we are nowconvinced that you are indeed a NUT!

I withdraw my last post.

Forum Moderators ...PLEASE do the right thing, and delete this thread.
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:37 PM   #46
J5

peterdaniel66 wrote:
Quote:
oh bite me dork, you have no idea what the heck you are talking about when it comes to the edsel and why it didn't sell.. Stick to things you know, if anything that... Now its turned personal ... Happy? Couldn't keep ya trap shut now could ya?
Was that REALLY necessary? :roll:

You've certainly lost a lot of my respect with that caustic response.

J5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:16 PM   #47

PeterDaniel is a jerk, but I admit that I am laughing along with him. I am also having second thoughts about getting the Canon A510 or A520 that I was going to get. Is the Kodak DX7440 any good? I like what I see except that it came out in May of 04 and that it doesn't takeAA's like the Canon's do. Rapid-fire is important to me. I don't care too much about MegaPixels.

Thank you all.

:roll:
shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:25 AM   #48

shutter_bug wrote:
Quote:
PeterDaniel is a jerk, but I admit that I am laughing along with him. I am also having second thoughts about getting the Canon A510 or A520 that I was going to get. Is the Kodak DX7440 any good? I like what I see except that it came out in May of 04 and that it doesn't take AA's like the Canon's do. Rapid-fire is important to me. I don't care too much about MegaPixels.

Thank you all.

:roll:
Those A510/520 should be fine cameras. A85 was a great camera and these are the replacements.
coontie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:21 PM   #49

i love my pro1, I DO WISH THEY TOOK THE SPACE/MEMORY/POWER THE VIDEO TOOK UP AND USED IT FOR BETTER A/F !!!

peter? why do you waste the time on canon if you hate them? ef them then... dont buy thier products anymore and stop talking about them, you are giving them more exposer... whats that old saying? something like, no press is bad press?? or some s**t LIKE THAT!

-zacker-

zacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:43 AM   #50

E18:evil: