Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:59 AM   #61

I haven't had such a good laugh - well - in months, if not years.
TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:01 AM   #62

Sir peterdaniel66 :

You are most welcome...

>>you guys are so fuc**ng stupid it brings me to tears..
TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:17 AM   #63

Canon may release some new, and hopefully better, cameras soon - Just be patient and wait for the new cameras. If you want to complain, do complain but in a more nice, politeway.
Problem Solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:19 AM   #64

Yes Mommy.
peterdaniel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:24 AM   #65

No wonder this topic is so "funny"
Problem Solver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 3:14 AM   #66

I think that dream camera should also have a built in laptop to edit the prints.

I have the Canon S1 IS because of the zoom, image stabilizer and price. The camera does have an icon to tell you when the battery is low, then you can put your extra set in with plenty of time.

It does take pictures fairly quick and sure the lcd is small but I don't really use it(love the swivel).

What I would like is a RAW mode or less compression on the JPG.

Why are those guys reading a Canon forum if they don't like Canon?
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:11 AM   #67

Well, that was funny TDM_Canon_User.

You guysjust didn't understand the point! The point is that Canon and other manufacturers can make better cameras, butthey don't want to. Theyomit features from new models - perhaps saving them for next year or something... Cheap attempts at selling more cameras every year while cutting corners at the same time.

shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:34 PM   #68
J5

shutter_bug wrote:
Quote:
Well, that was funny TDM_Canon_User.

You guysjust didn't understand the point! The point is that Canon and other manufacturers can make better cameras, butthey don't want to.
Iunderstand the point quite well-- as Imentioned in an earlier post, peterdaniel66has some good arguments. However, his caustic and abusive mannerism is not necessary and I'm sure you'll agree that when someone resorts to spewing profanities, all reasonablediscussion stops.

Canon and other manufacturers build and design products based on consumer suggestions and desires, as well as what is technologically possible. When one of the most importantconsumer desires is to have feature packed products at a reasonable price, something must be left out of the mix.

With the S1 IS, Canon provides a remarkable product at a remarkable price. Yes, it could have a few other features like a focus assist beam and a battery meter. But, could it have those features at a price that would be attractive to consumers? Probably not. An increase of $30 to the price could turn a lot of potential purchasers to a competitors product.

Bottom line is that most manufacturers attempt to include as many features into thier products as they can because this is what gives them an edge on their competition. Sometimes (most of the time), compromises must be made to make the product financially viable.

I would urge peterdaniel66to start a manufacturingcompany of his own and see if his opinion of what ispossible and what is not, meet the stringent requirements needed to build a product AND turn a profit. I might suggest however that if he does start a manufacturing company that sales will probably be more successful if he refrains from calling customers "freakin stupid".

Still happy with my less than perfect, but very affordable S1 IS.

J5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 9:48 AM   #69

I haven't had a lot of experience with P&S cameras, my only one was a Canon G1 that impressed me so much I bought a D30 and then a 10D.

I recently started researching for a ultra-small P&S for my wife. I was very disappointed with the quality of cameras Canon offered in this class. They all had softness in the corners of their images, even the larger S70. To me, this is unforgiveable and a downgrade from their pervious models.

I've been active in photograph since 1947, have owned many cameras and would never own one that gives such poor preformance.

The Panasonic FX7 for example, gives Razor Sharp images from corner to corner, has 5Meg instead of 4Meg and throws in IS to boot. Fuji is due to come out with an even better Ultra-Small very soon.

Clearly, Canon has fallen behind the times in this class of camera. Willthey play catchup in a field that they started? Only time will tell.

GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:38 PM   #70

Sure, camera companies my not always put every feature in a new camera, but do you get the upgraded stylish cup holders in next years new car? Maybe, maybe not.

I see your point, but if it is that big of a deal to you, just don't buy the darn camera. Could it be any simpler? Do you really think that a large camera manufacturer is going to care whether you like their cams or not? If they continue to sell millions of cams, I don't think they will. If you don't like what's on TV, turn it off. If you don't like the cam, don't buy it.

I think this thread has gotten out of control for absolutely no reason. Enough said!!!
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote