Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:00 PM   #1

taken in Waterloo County, Onario this past Sunday...

regards...Santos
Attached Images

Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:08 PM   #2

Another G6 picture...a panorama taken about 3 weeks ago. Temperature was -20 C, the camera was hand held, no filters, no post processing after stitching except for resizing and a lot of jpeg compression...

regards...Santos

Attached Images

Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:06 AM   #3

Hi Santos!

Two EXCELLENT pics!

The first one is a wonderful shot of a (I'm guessing)Mennonite Church parking lot. A picture of a time gone by, that's still with us, thanks tothe Mennonites. I don't think I could live it (I'm too much of a 'modern boy'), but there is a lot to be said for the Mennonite way of life.

I still think your pana of the river scene is a beautiful photograph. The last time I saw it, I forgot to ask; what river and town is that?

Dean

P.S. I bought PhotoShop Elements 3.0 last weekend, and I'm having lots of fun figuring it out. I really wanted to buy PhotoShop CS, but it costs way to much $$$!
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:18 AM   #4

Very good. Love the contrast/gamma balance.
TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:42 PM   #5

DeanB wrote:
Quote:
Hi Santos!

Two EXCELLENT pics!

The first one is a wonderful shot of a (I'm guessing)Mennonite Church parking lot. A picture of a time gone by, that's still with us, thanks tothe Mennonites. I don't think I could live it (I'm too much of a 'modern boy'), but there is a lot to be said for the Mennonite way of life.

I still think your pana of the river scene is a beautiful photograph. The last time I saw it, I forgot to ask; what river and town is that?

Dean

P.S. I bought PhotoShop Elements 3.0 last weekend, and I'm having lots of fun figuring it out. I really wanted to buy PhotoShop CS, but it costs way to much $$$!
thanks Dean:

The horses and carriages are indeedin a Mennonite church parking lot...just north of Elmira in Waterloo County, Ontario. It's an austere lifestyle, especially for the old order sect ....no cars, no phones, no electricity, no television... and of course no voice mail, no email, no pagers, no gas tax...maybe it's not such a bad way of life after all... ?

The river pano is in St.Mary's Ontario. The river is the northern branch of theThames which continues through London and empties into Lake Erie.

regards....Santos

Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:44 PM   #6

TDM_Canon_User wrote:
Quote:
Very good. Love the contrast/gamma balance.
thanks... I've been very impressed with the exposure accuracy of the G6

regards...Santos
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:48 AM   #7

Panorama looks ok... how is low-light performance of the G6? CAn you try taking some pics without flash in low-light at wide-angle and post them? Thanks...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:11 PM   #8

Sivaram Velauthapillai wrote:
Quote:
Panorama looks ok... how is low-light performance of the G6? CAn you try taking some pics without flash in low-light at wide-angle and post them? Thanks
The problem is not so much with low light, but with a lack of contrast at the focus point. TheG6 needs a vertical edge with reasonable contrast to focus, because it uses the horizontal readout from the image sensor.It will not focus on a horizontal edge, even in bright light. These run parallel to the sensor and don't createenoughcontrast for focus.

I'll take a few low light photos at post them here when I get a chance...

regards... Santos