Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 22, 2002, 12:19 AM   #1

Default Case for my new S230, any input? How do u like the PSC-100?

I wanted to buy a case for my S230. I'm interested in the PSC-100 "the official " Canon elph case. Anyone have it, and how do you like it? Are there others to consider. I wouldn't mind carrying it on my waist belt if it's small enough. Thanks inadvance
bnbhoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2002, 5:49 PM   #2

If i were u id definately get the Canon PSC-100, it is a very nice case, my friend has it and the s230. ill be getting one this christmas!!! :-)
StarsGlowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 6:21 PM   #3

Default Get the PSC 100

I have the Elph 230 with the PSC 100 case. Its a very nice case. It adds very little size to the camera, which is important because the size is one of the main advantages of the Elph. It does a good job of cushioning the camera from bumps and knocks. The zippered accessory pocket on the side has places in it to securely hold a spare battery and/or a couple of extra CF cards. (I highly recommend a spare battery). It has a well thought-out little place on the side where the camera strap comes out, so you can carry the camera by its normal strap and the case doesn't need a second one. Also a very solid belt loop for carrying on a belt or strapped to a backpack. So, I have nothing but good things to say about the case, well worth the cost.

Regards.... Dan Zane
dzane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:17 PM   #4

Thank you, I am getting one now
Any ideas on a spare battery? Should I go with oem or after market? Thanks
bnbhoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 8:03 PM   #5

I have an aftermarket one, and it works fine. I don't remember where I got it, but the place that Steve references in his reviews of rechargable batteries has one:

http://thomas-distributing.com/maha_...chargeable.htm

for $28. They would appear to be reputable and warranty their batteries and accept returns, etc. If I was buying another one, I would try that one. Good luck...
Old Dec 1, 2002, 9:09 PM   #6

I guess (contrary to the other posts), I was unimpressed with Canon's case. I purchased a Lowe Z-5 case which has good padding, is very small and has an extra pocket just big enough for an extra battery and CF card.

I have a 3rd party 900mah battery coming from:
http://www.arborelectronics.com
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2002, 8:37 PM   #7

Ok, you convinced me. I still like the Canon case, but your Z5 looks like it might be better for hiking or inclement weather, as it looks more water resistant and padded.

So...I bought one. Was able to get a new one on Ebay for $15.

http://www.stores.ebay.com/henryscom...ml?col=2&dir=1

From the looks of things I will use the canon case when Im going to family destinations and want the smallest possible case, and use the Z5 when I want something a little more rugged. Thanks for the pointer!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:18 PM   #8

8) Hi guys! I'm just a girl - but here's what I did. Go to the cosmetic department at your Wall Mart, etc. , take your S230 with you and pick out a small cosmetic case. You will find a selection that will make a great case for the S230, from clear vinyl to padded fabric. Mine even has an outside, zippered pouch for my extra battery and card. You'll spend less than $5 and have a small - good case. PS - there will be some black ones for the guys.
dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:22 PM   #9

8) Hi guys! I'm just a girl - but here's what I did. Go to the cosmetic department at your Wall Mart, etc. , take your S230 with you and pick out a small cosmetic case. You will find a selection that will make a great case for the S230, from clear vinyl to padded fabric. Mine even has an outside, zippered pouch for my extra battery and card. You'll spend less than $5 and have a small - good case. PS - there will be some black ones for the guys.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:30 PM   #10