Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:14 PM   #1

I am in search of a small digital camera that takes awsome crisp, clear photos. I have an Olympus C4000Z which takes awsome photos but we will be going to Disney World in April and I am looking for a camera that I can pop in and out of my pocket and not have to worry about a lense cap. I am also looking for quick start up and little shutter lag.

I have been looking at the A85 and A95 but these seem to big to put in my pocket and also I am looking for a point and shoot (I have bells and whistles with my Olympus)

I went to Staples to take a look at this camera and it looks perfect! Has everything I want, small, point and shoot. I think 3.2 MP will be fine as I don't ever produce photos larger than 4x6.

The thing that worries me about this camera is the shutter lag which seems to be quite long. I noticed the when you snap the photo the screen goes black, photo come up and then the screen goes black again before it is ready to take another shot. I could miss a ton of shots at Disney with that !

If there is anyone that owns this camera is there a way to get rid of the "black hole"? Or to quicken things up a bit?
Momto4boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:21 AM   #2

Momto4boyz wrote:
Quote:
I am in search of a small digital camera that takes awsome crisp, clear photos. I have an Olympus C4000Z which takes awsome photos but we will be going to Disney World in April and I am looking for a camera that I can pop in and out of my pocket and not have to worry about a lense cap. I am also looking for quick start up and little shutter lag.

I have been looking at the A85 and A95 but these seem to big to put in my pocket and also I am looking for a point and shoot (I have bells and whistles with my Olympus)

I went to Staples to take a look at this camera and it looks perfect! Has everything I want, small, point and shoot. I think 3.2 MP will be fine as I don't ever produce photos larger than 4x6.

The thing that worries me about this camera is the shutter lag which seems to be quite long. I noticed the when you snap the photo the screen goes black, photo come up and then the screen goes black again before it is ready to take another shot. I could miss a ton of shots at Disney with that !

If there is anyone that owns this camera is there a way to get rid of the "black hole"? Or to quicken things up a bit?
Quote:
A decent camera for the price. There are canned modes that allow you to snap shots with less shutter lag but I have yet to test it.
klee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:36 AM   #3

Buy a Fuji F700 Fastest damn camera out there hands down. NO shutter lag, great metal body, fits easily in your pocket and extroadinarily FAST in all modes of operations and you see INSTANTLY what your picture will look like. Almost no lag from using the flash to the next picture. Superb color and razor sharp lens. Made in Japan and entirely of metal, Canon should learn how to build a camera from Fuji. ( or at least from this model)
peterdaniel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:37 AM   #4

Buy a Fuji F700 Fastest damn camera out there hands down. NO shutter lag, great metal body, fits easily in your pocket and extroadinarily FAST in all modes of operations and you see INSTANTLY what your picture will look like. Almost no lag from using the flash to the next picture. Superb color and razor sharp lens. Made in Japan and entirely of metal, Canon should learn how to build a camera from Fuji. ( or at least from this model)
peterdaniel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:41 PM   #5

This is a setting that can be changed on the camera. The default setting for showing a taken pic is 3 seconds. You can turn it off so you don't see the shot on the LCD or reduce the time to less than 3 sec.. You could also set the camera to take consecutive pictures with the button held down. But there is about a 2 sec delay between shots. Hint: use the view finder, rather than LCD for multiple shots in a row.

All in all for size, quality and money. I like it.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:40 AM   #6

I just purchased the a510 and it takes pretty nice picturesat night. The shutter lag is pretty bad, anywhere from 9 to 11 seconds. Have not had a chance to use it in the day. I hope it is alot faster in day time shots. If not this turtle is going back.
bluecanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:41 AM   #7

bluecanon wrote:
Quote:
I just purchased the a510 and it takes pretty nice picturesat night. The shutter lag is pretty bad, anywhere from 9 to 11 seconds. Have not had a chance to use it in the day. I hope it is alot faster in day time shots. If not this turtle is going back.
That's rather interesting. For night shots, I have about a 2-3 lag time.
klee is offline   Reply With Quote