Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:39 PM   #1

I recently justrecieved a Canon PowerShot A400 from Best Buy for Christmas. Recently... (on my birthday none the less) my digital camera was in my purse, zippered up and all, my purse was hanging on a chair at a restaurant, my friend accidentally knocked the purse off of the chair... then I went to go take a picture and all that showed on the screen was whiteness with weird green lines on it. I took it to Best Buy and he said the LCD screen was busted.

I still have to send it to Canon to see if they can replace it for free under the warranty. Does anyone have faith that Canon will do this for me? Or am I out of luck with Canon? Aaaand, what can I do about this?!?! I want my camera back!
Rachey39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:13 PM   #2

unfortunately canon will probably not replace the camera, saying that abuse or neglect was a factor in the screen failure.

should you be mad at canon for this? i dont think so because, it is not canons fault that the screen broke it was your friends, and i dont believe that there is another manufacturer out there that would replace/repair your camera for free

im not trying to be harsh, im just being realistic

sorry,
-LeMondster
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:02 PM   #3

I'm not going to tell Canon I dropped it. There aren't scrathes on the camera whatsoever. And seeing as though I got it 2 months ago, the camera is still in perfect condition.
Rachey39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:20 PM   #4

I just got this camera on Monday. Yesterday I took it out of the cushioned case where I keep it and it slipped out of my hands and fell to the ground-a drop of 2 feet at the most, but enough to break the LCD screen. It still takes pictures and I am familiar enough with the settings that I can turn off the flash, delete pictures and transfer them to my computer, but I would like to get the LCD replaced, and not at the cost of the entire camera.

Based on the thread about cracked LCD's on sd300's, I have a little bit of hope that perhaps they will waive the fee because it is so new (specifically this post: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...257462#p257462)

I want to take pictures at a party next weekend so after that I may send it in to Canon to see what the estimate is. But under the warranty it says that damage to the LCD is presumed to be from misuse or accident, and neither of those are covered.
JackieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:51 PM   #5

I seriously think that if the camera is used properly, then it's a company's duty to honour the warranty plan. But if the camera hasn't been damaged due to something like an impact that shouldn't have happened, like falling to the floor even when in the camera case etc....then that's probably an insurance issue instead of a warranty issue.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 6:00 PM   #6

Canon Powershot A400 how to remove the 30 sec limit in VGA videorecording mode??????
jole.m is offline   Reply With Quote