Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 24, 2005, 3:24 AM   #1

I have a question... for S1 owners...
Does anybody knows if the lens cap provided with the camera does fit on the lens adapter from LAH-DC10 package?
I'm getting this package tomorrow and want to know if I need also a new lens cap... clip type, for keeping the adapter on.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:23 AM   #2

The lens cap will not fit as the front of the lens isabout approx 2mm bigger to fit the 52mm Dia filters.I hear that lensmate now supply lens caps with the adapters they supply but did not do so when I purchased mine .You may be able to purchase one off the website www.lensmateonline.com that will more than likely fit the genuine canon item.

Brendon
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:34 AM   #3

Tks Brendon!
I decided not to get anymore the LAH-DC10 lens hood/adapter package from Canon as I've read some bad reviews on them. Someone cracked his teleconvertor because the lens adapter is not so securely attached.
I don't want this to happen also to me...
So I would ask you if you've got the time to make a review on your lensadapter from lensmate. I considered this adapter before because of the made of material (Al vs plastic), but it is hard for me to get it as I do not own an international money card.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:01 PM   #4

Hi Bodhi,This is a well made item which has an identical finish to the camera and fits perfectly >I was able to purchase off the net for less than I could buy the genuine and inferior canon item locally.

They have great customer support and if you email them I feel they could work out something like an international money order or similar.

Brendon
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 9:42 AM   #5

Can you share more? some close up pics?
I'll probably wait for a friend from US to come home and he has the posibility to get one. Or if not I'll get in touch with them.