Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:21 AM   #1

Whenstill pictures are played back directly from camera on TV /NTSC set low luminance areas of pictures reveal pinstrpie pattern.Pictures displayed on PC do not have these artifacts and are perfect. Pattern does not depend on resolution etc parameterspicture was originaly taken with.Better Tv or monitor more visible especially on solid dark grey background . I have not compared my camera with many other S70's but my friends S60's modelsdo not have these artifacts at video output at all. :?
tjcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:48 PM   #2

How are you connecting to the t.v.? Is theS60 being connected to the same t.v. set, the same way?

thanks.
shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 1:04 PM   #3

Connecting to TV or monitor using provided cable.Same cabling and TV/monitors were used for comparison with two S60's cameras.It is not RF interferencedue to bad cables.It is pinstripe solid vertical pattern similar to what can be seenwith bad memory chips used in video cicuits.My collegues another S70 seems to have identical problem we bought them from the same place in December 04. I used different memory cards to register picures.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:04 PM   #4

Maybe canon can take a look at it, since it should still be under warranty...so you can then make a choice to get a working replacement, or a refund, or something else.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:44 AM   #5

Well,Canon apparently looked into it and I got this camera from repair recently( there was also lens cover problem) with claim that they replaced, if I read acronyms right ,processor and main control board.I have the option to change it for another one but looking at my frirends camera displaying very same problem It would be futile exercise.That is why Iam posting this question.Can anybody else reproduce such problem with S70? Just make few shots of low light scene with flat grey background (floor ,wall)can be under xposed, connect to TV or monitor and look for vertical thin lines . Lots of details and light mask the problem.