Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1

OK, heres the problem . But i was shooting pictures with flash on for a few minutes , but then for one of the shots, the flash didn;t work properly, the preflash just went on, and then the actual flash didnt flash the the whole picture is black, and i am sure that i dun need to post samples of black photos due to the flash not working. But after that shot, i shoot another picture, and the flash works again. Is this a problem with the flash or is it normal? thanks in advance.
jiayaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:20 AM   #2

If this issue appeared after a big number of repetitive flash shots it is no big deal. The flash must load the power that is needed for firing and also it must rest his lamp for not distroying it. So you catched right the moment when the camera went through these operations.
You did tell that after this problem he fired again without any problem. So I think that this could be the answer to you question.

The only thing that I canont explain to myself is why the camera took the shot. I know that my own stays a while and only after it settles down, she takes the shot. But again I never press the shutter button all the way down until I see that the flash is ready and I stay with the shutter half way to lock the focus. So maybe you did press the shutter all the way down.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 7:55 AM   #3

If your camera is still under warranty, I'd probably go grab a replacement after explaining this to Canon. Better to be safe than sorry, since I agree that if the flash is not ready, then the camera shouldn't allow the picture to be taken.

Maybe you can try reproduce the problem by taking a lot of shots in the dark or something. If you can do that, then it'll be easier to get the point across to Canon customer service.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:18 AM   #4

After all jiayaw said that the preflash functioned ok, but the main flash did not fired. This could be a very hard thing to reproduce... but if it can be reproduced than it's possible to be something wrong with the camera.

So jiayaw, as I'm agreeing with Kenny_Leong, you better try and see if you can reproduce this "bug".
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:34 PM   #5

thank you all :-) now sicne it will only happen sometimes, planning to get it fixed after trips on april. Dun wanna have no camera during those trips if the camera is still in service. Btw i am just a 15 yrs old trying to take OK fotos lol.
jiayaw is offline   Reply With Quote