Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:00 PM   #1

I have a Canon Powershop A200 and I don't have the disk it came with, how do I put my photos into my computer?? Someone please help me! Thanks.
Dawn25ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:23 AM   #2

You probably don't need the software from the CD if you are running Windows XP. All you have to do is connect your camera to the computer via a USB cable.Start your computer, wait for Windows XP to come up, connect your camera, turn on your camera and wait for Windows to recognize it. Windows XP has a built-in feature called ( I think) the Camera and Scanner Wizard that will allow you to download your photos onto the hard drive.

At least, that's how it works on the A75 and A510, so I assume that your camera has a similar capability. However, if you don't have Windows XP, you may need to go to Canon's website to download the various programs (look for "drivers and downloads" for your camera) that are normally included on the CD. There are quite a few and you won't need all of them, but I am not sure which ones you do need,as I don't use any of them myself. Hopefully somebody who uses them will come along and give you more advice on this.
Daniel T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:25 AM   #3

Thanks, It worked, that was easy
Dawn25ny is offline   Reply With Quote