Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:55 PM   #1

I have a problem with my A95 while taking pictures in 'Manual Shooting Mode' (M). The exposure always come as-2. Even if I take a picture in good lighting condition the exposure alwaysremains -2, and as a result all the pictures shot under Manual Shooting Mode turns out very dark, except when I use a flash. I checked with the User Guide (Page 80; English)and they advise (when exposure is more than +/-2) to set the shutter speed and/or the aperature. An optimum setting between shutter speed and aperature is also given in page 78. Even when I set the shutter speed and aperature to the one they have recommended, the picture still remains the same,very dark. Is there anyone who could help me out with this??

BJ
bjawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:40 PM   #2

If you use manual mode under bright lighting conditions, and you set the lens iris to be very big (ie if you use a low aperture 'value' eg f2.8 ), and a slow shutter speed such as 1/60th of a second, then there's definitely something wrong with the camera if it still gets dark pictures and registers that -2 exposure reading. Probably have to get the camera fixed.

I had to put a space between the 8 and the bracket...otherwise it gets this .. f2.8)
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:26 PM   #3

A few questions are needed -- what happens when shooting in Auto (or Program) mode? Why are shooting in manual mode in the first place? What happens when in shutter priorityand inaperture priority mode?

Most likely there is nothing wrong with the camera. More likely you are not setting the correct aperture and shutter speeds, but none of this can be determined with the little amount of information that you have provided....

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:02 PM   #4

Thanks Guys for your valuable reply. To be frank I'm pretty new to digital photography and photography in general. I'm in the learning process, and no doubt with your help I'll master it one day :-)I'll keep posting all kinds of doubts some of which may be stupid, please bear with me. I know there will always be someone out there who'll be able to help me out. Thanks again!

BJ
bjawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:11 PM   #5

I have the canon A80, in manual mode if not using the flash the camera is just telling u to slow shutter down at least 2 steps keep slowing shutter down untill u get 0 ie 1/30 sec or 1/15 mabay even slower to make the red -2 dissapear. I had to have a shutter speed of 1/15 f2.8 in room with 1 light source dim room.
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote