Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:15 AM   #11

anyone have any info about the replacement for the a95....i have been considering it. have it for 299.00 with a free 512 card a 60 dollar value. but i wish it had a longer video mode. anyone have any specs...anything. will it have the swing out viewer? very important to me

gean
gean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:52 AM   #12

hi all,

The new camera is out!!! :?:blah::-)

Now I have to wait for the first test results!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1124704802.html

bye

jako123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:42 AM   #13
Smi

Ive only just got my A95 so I wont be replacing.

Some of the things you guys have said is stupid, though.

Replace CF by SD? What ever for? CF is a faster and more stable format, its just better.
The batteries thing I can understand, but it doesnt really bother me. Although looking at the spec, they've changed to SD. that makes NO sense.

I dont understand why people want movie modes on digital cameras. Mine is to take pictures with, not movies. I'd rather they spent more time on improving the camera, to be honest.

It would be nice to have the Digic II processor, but hey.

Corkymiller: Make it metal!

Make what metal? My A95 IS metal. This is the part of the reviews I dont understand because mine looks identical yet is clearly made of metal. odd.

the 2 inch screen would be nice, but bigger screens use more power. The only thing that I wish they'd fix is the viewing angle of the A95 - its not great.

and the extra zoom would be nice. but hey. beggars cant be choosers.
Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 6:21 PM   #14

I don't like the Canon newer generation cameras. I've been extremely pleased with my A75, speed, function, and picture quality is excellent. I tested the newer version in the store the other day, it was horrible. It was quite slow, and seemed to have quite a bit of difficulty focusing. In another store, I noticed the same thing testing it out, as well as the A520. They didn't stock any A95's anymore. I don't like the change from CF to SD, and I think speed suffers with just 2 "AA" batteries. The A75/85/95 were excellent cameras, but Canon had to get cheap and mess things up. The prices of the newer models are lower, they are smaller too. To many people, that doesn't bother them. To me, the A75 is the perfect size, any smaller would be too small. Perhaps the smaller size is a reason for more camera shake problems?

Anyway my next camera will not be a Canon. I was seriously thinking of upgrading to an A95 for more MP, but now that camera will be discontinued, and I don't see much of picture quality improvement over the A75. Also there is alot more CA in the A95 photos. Instead I will probably upgrade to the Olympus C-5500. It doesn't take CF cards but has good battery life with the 4 "AA" batteries, focusing and speed much, much better than the new Canons. Photo quality appears to be excellent from the samples I've seen here. And for a similar price as the Canons.

pineywoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:23 PM   #15

i've been reading these board for quite a wihile and finally my dream camera it out! im definately getting the A620.
Thisis just the perfect camera for me. Im a newbie to digital photography but this one is by far going to be the best camera.
joelv2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:14 AM   #16

Ithink 7MP with1/1.8'' sensor is not avery good idea.. So A610 looks better to me..
Probably I won't ever need the extra 2MP..

It is interesting thatthe ISO is not improved..

Does anybody know if the movie capturingis timelimited or not?
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 1:59 AM   #17

Does anybody know if the movie capturingis timelimited or not?

=> it is limited by the size: 1GB

bye
jako123 is offline   Reply With Quote