Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:10 AM   #1

Hi I'm thinking abouth buying a new digital camera to replace my old Olympus C3030. I have bean looking at many different cameras and so far the G6 is my favorite but I have one hesitation on this camera as it only has a 4x zoom. So I was wondering if ther is any news on a successor to the G6 on the way.

P.S. I have looked at other cameras also, but from what I read the Powershot Pro1 is not as good and the Olympus 8080 is to big and unhandy for my needs.

I hope that you can help me.

Best Regards

Thomas Eriksen
ThomasHOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:12 AM   #2

Sorry for the color aperently you cant use word for writing and pasting it in without having problems.

Thomas
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:35 PM   #3

"Waiting on the successor" digicam gets you nowhere fast. How long has the G6 been out? Steve reviewed it Aug 2004. The prior model, the G5 was reviewed on June 2003. The G3 was reviewed November 2002. If Canon follows suit, meaning anywhere from 8 to 14 months based on the last 3 modelsthat's anywhere from mid 2005 to early 2006. How long areyou willin' to wait? Like the financial world, past history is no guarantee of future results. Keep waiting = no pictures or fun. That's a guaranatee.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 6:45 PM   #4

Ok great

I thought that it was longer ago since the camera was launched so I wanted to be sure that I don't buy the camera and then shortly after a new G series camera are launched.

Thomas
Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:21 AM   #5

I got no problems at all with the G6, except for the silly on-off lever, which can catch onto the inner ridge of the G6 camera case, and the above-average red-eye in night shots.

Apart from that ... quite a nifty little camera.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote