Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 9, 2005, 7:34 PM   #1

Hi, I am in the market for a G6 and after doing my homework on review URLs searched the web for a reliable vendor. One whose price is $100 less than any other firm is AM Photo World. Has anyone ever done any business with them? I was informed by the salesman that the camera is not grey market and comes with a USA warranty. Kinda have my doubts. Thanks...jb
duffer2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2005, 8:10 PM   #2

Always check resellerratings.com before you order online, and leave your ratings there when you have completed a transaction. Here's the rating for the store you were asking about:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html

Not exactly what I'd call stand-up guys...
CrimsonScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:06 PM   #3

Hi CS, thanks for the swift heads-up. I did not know of that URL but have listed it in my favorites. You saved me alot of potential heartaches and convinced me once more that if 'it seems too good to be true, it probably is'. Thanks again...jb
duffer2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:09 PM   #4

No problem That link has saved me quite a few times over the years now.

Actually, recently, while browsing for a new camera (currently looking at Canon SD500, Sony DSC-P200 and Casio EX-Z750), I found several (4-5) online retailers who were all quite a bit cheaper than the other retailers. (Probably the same ones you saw.) A quick look at resellerratings.com showed all of them with a below '1' rating, which pretty much means they're just con-artists. It does certainly seem that our old axiom holds up well.

But I must say what I found truly amazing about amphotoworld.com is that the first review on resellerratings.com was made back in march 2002. It's rather amazing that a company like that can be in business for so long...
CrimsonScythe is offline   Reply With Quote