Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 11, 2002, 8:42 AM   #1

Default Battery Charger

Are the 2 different ? battery chargers for the Canon S30 different.
One is called CB-2LT and one CB-2LTE
I live in Sweden and would like to buy a camera in the US. If I then get a CB-2LT, does it work in Sweden/Europe ?
torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2002, 2:47 PM   #2

Default Re: Battery Charger

[quote="torla"]Are the 2 different ? battery chargers for the Canon S30 different.
One is called CB-2LT and one CB-2LTE
I live in Sweden and would like to buy a camera in the US. If I then get a CB-2LT, does it work in Sweden/Europe ?[/quot

Equipment for the USA tends to be made for 115 Vollt house current while in civilized places like Europe we use 220 Volts.

So the US version of your charger might not work in Sweden.

I suggest you forget about the Canon charger and buy a good general purpose model. After all, the Canon PowrShot cameras use standard AA batteries.
ELV in Germany (www.elv.de) offers a good selection of chargers but you can find them also in many other places.

_rainer_
_rainer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 4:31 PM   #3

Default Re: Battery Charger

Quote:
I suggest you forget about the Canon charger and buy a good general purpose model. After all, the Canon PowrShot cameras use standard AA batteries.
_rainer_
That is incorrect. :shock:

:!: The S30 and all new 'S' model Canon Powershots use Canon LithION batteries and no longer use AA. Only A series cameras use AA's.

The CB-2LT charger works in both 110v (N. American standard) and 240v (European standard). It automatically adapts to both voltage. Don't forget that Canon is a worldwide company and it's cheaper for them to build one one type of charger .

But the CB-2LT will require a plug adaptor to fit in your country's wall socket (available in most airport travel stores and places that sell laptops as they often sell 'travel' adaptors).

The CB-2LT and CB-2LTE is listed on Canon info sites using the same graphic which leads me to suspect that the 'E' version is the same. It's just shipped in the non-US (worldwide) version of this camera and may or may not come bundled with adaptors.

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/PSS30/PSS30_723-e.html#2
moondaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:09 AM   #4

Thank's a lot for Your answers // torla
torla is offline   Reply With Quote