Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:01 PM   #1

Default Canon G2 with Speedlite 420EX

I have been trying to do portraits with my G2 using a bounce flash and am unable to get any photos that are in focus. I've even tried using a pocket bouncer. A friend does this all the time with her Sony Cybershot DSC S85 and gets gorgeous portraits. Any suggestons would be greatly appreciated.
Jean
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:06 PM   #2

I use the 420 ex with my G2 and the results are fine.I know this is not a helpful answer ,but at least you know it should work...Which setting rare you using auto or program ..av or which?
David
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:30 PM   #3

I've tried both program and portrait on auto, daylight and flash. Flash straight up both with and without the pocket bouncer. If the flash is aimed at the subject I get clear pictures but I also get shadows.
Jean
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 6:23 AM   #4

Ceiling must be reasonably low and light colored to reflect the flash.Try slight angle forward for the flash.This flash can be synched at a higher speed if you slide the button above the on -off to the right position.Actually i fired off a couple just now w/ both settings on flash...both work fine ..tack sharp , no shadows.So... it definitely should work fine.
David
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 3:12 PM   #5

I use the G2/420ex combination and have no technical focus problems. However, the flash makes the combination quite unstable to hold, especially then pointed straight up. I live in a very windy place, take a lot of outdoor nightpictures and for me the 1/60 sec shutterspeed wasnīt fast enough in many situations so whenever itīs possible I use a faster shutterspeed.

I hope you donīt think this sounds stupid

www.pbase.com/fjalstal
fjalstal is offline   Reply With Quote