Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:11 AM   #1

I had decided to buy a Pro1 just before I read some topics in this forum. Which one do you recommend for me, say I am an amateur who doesn't need a dSLR.

I've read much about shutter lag and shooting in low light conditions and they made me confused. Is it worth to go up for a 8800 or would Pro1 be fine as well? It's about 100-150 bucks between them.

I don't want to change the camera for a long period of time so your recommendations will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.
Cem Akca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:56 AM   #2

Any opinions I'm about to buy in 1 or 2 days. Thanx.

Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:31 PM   #3

:lol:IT'S A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERRENCE, BOTH ARE VERY GOOD CAMERA. PERSONALLY I CHOICE THE PRO 1 BECAUSE I GET USED TO THE CANON SETUP, BUT SOME OF MY FRIEND THINK THE NIKON IS LITTLE BETTER.
jimmy380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:48 AM   #4

Typically I'm a Canon fan, but in this case I would be tempted to go with the Nikon. The Pro 1 was just so riddled with troubles (dust in the lens assemblies, zoom issues, etc) even after firmware and later release models. I know someone who is using the Nikon and it's a nice camera.

Neither handles noise great past iso 200 but the Nikon has a super jpg setting which cranks out super shots.

atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:34 AM   #5

Thank you fellas but I decided and ordered Pro1 'cause I didn't get much different replies. Availability of 1.5X zoom lens played a major role in my decision. Let me say, 28-200 equiv. lens will provide a better wide angle shooting experience and it could catch up 300mm with 1.5X converter (Nikon has 35-350mm). I will be shooting wide angle and portrait mosly. Also I think Canon has a better grab in my hand. I will be posting the results here. It will be delivered on Saturday.