Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:51 AM   #1

I have had a Canon S100 for two years. It does fine for people photos, parties, landscapes, cars, but I am very frustrated trying to take close up shots of small items. I want to be able to take photos of very small things, like a watch face or a fountain pen nib. I can't get the image to be in focus!

I press the button with the flower, I get a flower on my display and get my lens 5 or 6 inches from the object and push the button. See the sort of results I get?

What am I doing wrong? Do I need a new camera to do this?

Any advice gratefully received.

I have posted a similar question on the "what camera should I buy" forum and think I havea grip on the lighting issue, but the focus is a puzzle.
Attached Images

PaulLeMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:56 AM   #2

Here is one more example of the problem.
Attached Images

PaulLeMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:35 AM   #3
kfc

I have had my S100 for just about 5 years now and it has been great. As far as macro goes, I really haven't used that feature a lot, but when I have my shots have come out just fine. Just use the camera is auto mode and then turn on the macro. You should be able to get a nice pic that way. But if you have shaky hands or you will always have problems.

Best bet, take a photo of the same object in every mode that you can. If you can't pull off one image that looks good, then I have no idea what could be wrong. But I'd guess it would be due to a user error.
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote