Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:38 PM   #1

i just picked up my SD500 (also known as IXUS 700 in Australia). Now one of the things that I noticed which was different to the SD300 (IXUS 40) was the LCD screen. I noticed that in low light conditions, the screen seemed to refresh slower and also have lower quality display than the SD300. I was playing around with the SD500 in my room last night with only the lamp on. I have to test the SD300, but I could have sworn that the display on the SD300 seemed to be "better".

Can anyone confirm this??
leoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

Do you mean that you checked out the SD300 under the same conditions?
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 4:41 PM   #3

Yep. Exact same lighting conditions.. Since my first post, I actually went back to the store I bought my camera from and exchanged it for the SD400 (IXUS 50), thinking it would work exactly the same as the SD300. Turns out it has the exact same issue with the LCD as the SD500.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the slower refresh rate may be due to the new features able to be done whilst taking a shot of a subject.. i.e colour swapping, etc.
leoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 6:30 AM   #4

I'm very, very sure that the image on the IXUS 700 and IXUS 50 screens would have been a bit 'brighter'. It's stated in the IXUS 700 manual. If you're in low light conditions, the IXUS 700 screen will compensate by making the image 'brighter' so you can see easier but the side effect is image lag.
kimnkk is offline   Reply With Quote