Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 18, 2002, 8:38 AM   #1

Default LCD Freeze on G3?

I'm using a G3 (after having had both G1 and G2 before) and I noticed something with the camera that is driving me nuts...

Sometimes, when I point the camera and partially depress the shutter release (to cause the camera to focus because I do not have continuous focus enabled) the display on the LCD freezes. Like for about 3-4 seconds. I had never seen this with G2 or G1.

This seems to happen more often with telephoto settings than wide angle, and is even worse when the optional telephoto lens is attached.

Is anyone else encountering this? I'm hoping that there's just something wrong with this camera and that it can be replaced/repaired. But if everyone is experiencing it, well, I will have to wait for a firmware fix.

Thanks...
TD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2002, 11:38 AM   #2

I have read about the problem at other sites. Looks like Canon's mistake. Let's hope they can fix it with the firmware upgrade
togal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 4:06 PM   #3

Hi Togal,

Thanks for that info. I've posted about this elsewhere and have had no response yet (other than yours). Can you remember where you saw this mentioned? I would rather read the existing comments about it than just add to the chatter unnecessarily.

I sure DO hope Canon fixes this. It's most annoying to miss fleeting shots because of this problem.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 1:51 AM   #4

Here is the thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=3969507
togal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2002, 11:08 AM   #5

Togal, thanks very much for the link to that thread. It was actually a forum I hadn't been aware of before and it looks very interesting. I'll have to explore it further.

Best...