Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 22, 2005, 2:45 PM   #1

My sister has a A70 and she complained to me the other day that her camera isn't working. I checked it out and the LCD screen stays black no matter what. If it's on the you are able to see the settings on the screen but no images. You can review pictures but not take any. No matter what you do the screen stays black and if I try to take a picture the flash goes off etc. but the picture is completely black. If anyone can help me out with this problem from an experience you've had please do, and is there any way to fix this. Thanks
jrdnsrnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 10:58 PM   #2

hi people,

i have the same problem with my A70, or more or less. lcd black, no picture butfunction indicatorsonly. the only picture is the welcome picture. try reading flash card but prompt 'no memory card' came on. seems that it is not reading card at all.

cannot shoot any picture now. flash fires when depress shooting button. the rest of the camera appears to be working normally.

anyone can help?
redbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 11:37 PM   #3

That's exactly what's happening to my sister's camera.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:49 PM   #4

bump
Old Jul 29, 2005, 2:33 AM   #5

my a70 is doing that as well, taken it to the shop already, will know what exactly is wrong with it in 2 weeks time. but my friend who had an ixus 3.2 mp, experienced the same thing and the canon service center told her that the problem lies with the lens and when replace will cost roughly 30% of the camera's original cost.... its a 2 year old camera, she decided to buy a new one, my a70 is also 2 years old.

iiinaslao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:44 PM   #6

Hey ! I had the exact same problem, since 10 aug 2005.

My PS A70 is 20 months old (no more warranty), and out of the sudden (I took real good care of it), the image taken is ALL BLACK.

How I know is the CCD? because I can view old pictures taken on camera LCD, but cannot take new pictures (well can but all black pictures, sometimes with faint white blur horizontal lines).

Sent camera for service and waiting for quotation on repair.:sad:
chkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:03 AM   #7

If you can see the menus, but pictures are black, then your aperature is stuck closed. Rarely its the ccd and not the aperature, but you can check easily. Look at the lens and see if the aperature opens or not when you turn it on, you should be able to see it.
darntoothysam is offline   Reply With Quote