Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 23, 2005, 9:55 AM   #1

I'm waiting for the new Canon S2 and am seeing very different "available" dates throughout the internet. Seems that certain retailers will be getting this camera in sooner and some have to wait almost an extra month and a half to get it in.

So do certain retailers really get this camera in earlier than other retailers? (exclusise selling rights for a month or so?) And if this is true then does anybody know which retailers (in Canada) are generally the first to carry new Canon products?

I'd really like to preorder one but I'm worried that I'll preorder with company A and then company B will have theirs available first.

Thanks for any info.
brendak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 11:57 AM   #2

Delivery delayed from Canon E.T.A. 10-06-2005
Bad news I'm afraid, We've just had word from Canon that they have granted exclusive rights to this camera for a period of one month to a Major High Street Catalogue. This Catalogue shop will be selling at the full R.R.P. of £399.15 + VAT (£469.00).

there ya go
simonbratt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 1:55 PM   #3

I'm guessing that the above answer pertains only to release in the UK?

In Canada, I recently purchased a newly released Pentax. London Drugs was the first to receive the camera in my city. They received it about a week before FutureShop. A local independent shop got it about 2 weeks after FutureShop.

I'm hoping it may be the same with the S2 and my local London Drugs is putting one on hold for me when it comes in.
digitalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 3:08 PM   #4

Thank you--I'm going to check London Drugs--Do you know if they offer extended warranties and if so how well they stand behind them??
brendak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 3:17 PM   #5

brendak2000 wrote:
Quote:
Thank you--I'm going to check London Drugs--Do you know if they offer extended warranties and if so how well they stand behind them??
Yes they do offer extended warranties. You can buy a warranty for any electronics you've purchased in the last year even if you did NOT buy it at London Drugs. You just need to have the original receipt.

I have not purchased an extended warranty from London Drugs though, so I can't comment on how well they stand behind them or if the warranty is good or not. I do know that they have a "15 day satisfaction guaranteed" policy (this is a standard policy whether or not you have purchased the extended warranty). At anytime within 15 days you can return an item for any reason. So, if you decide you don't like the camera, you can take it back. I believe FutureShop may also offer this same guarantee but I am not certain.
digitalblue is offline   Reply With Quote