Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:32 AM   #11

Hey Forum members,

Have you guys had an opportunity to experiment with the flash? I hear that you have to first manually pop the flash up even if you have the flash set to Automatic. Is this true? As in, I have to remember to open the !%^()& thing every damn time?

Also, what is the cycle time between pictures when taking a picture with flash? I read on the canon site that it was 10 seconds!! Is this true? That feels like an eternity when trying to takepics. Thanks guys,keep up the great work.

chino
chino_va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:46 PM   #12

Hey I bought this camera tonight, and I have to say I am dissapointed with the flash feature. This thing seems "chinsy" lots of plastic, manual flash, even the plastic tripod mount thing made me laugh. The manual flash thing is the problem with me. I gotta have an automatic flash!

Its sad to say but I think I'll be returning it tomorrow.
emailj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:47 AM   #13

Sorry to hear you don't like the S2; I am still trying to decide myself if it is better than the FZ20, but the reviews seem to be mixed so far.

I would had thought Canon would had really thought this one out well given how the S1 turned out.

So what are you exchanging it for?

emailj wrote:
Quote:
Hey I bought this camera tonight, and I have to say I am dissapointed with the flash feature. This thing seems "chinsy" lots of plastic, manual flash, even the plastic tripod mount thing made me laugh. The manual flash thing is the problem with me. I gotta have an automatic flash!

Its sad to say but I think I'll be returning it tomorrow.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:09 AM   #14

I'm interested in buying the S2... I looked everywhere for tht $50 coupon but couldn't locate it. I did see a $15 rebate at Circuit City. Could you direct me as to where the coupon could be located... specifically.
plados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:31 PM   #15

Hey,

Unsure what I will get now. I did return this camera today. I am thinking about the Sony CyberShot DSCH1 5.1MP Digital Camera. I really want the 12X zoom, I dont know what to get really. Any suggestions?
emailj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 1:47 AM   #16

personally I find the manual flash much better.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:20 AM   #17

I'm the exact opposite, a manual-flash is a pain in the _ _ _! It's easier to disable the flash in an automatic flash cam (H1) then it is to close and open the flash in a manual cam (S2)...
van_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 3:08 PM   #18

van_city wrote:
Quote:
It's easier to disable the flash in an automatic flash cam (H1) then it is to close and open the flash in a manual cam (S2)...

My, my. Such differences of preferences and personal technique.

Coming from the old school (using SLR since 1984), my personal preference is also for the flash as it is now on the S2. As for ease of use, no problem.

Good Day,

Steven
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:14 AM   #19

see below
kdk0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:16 AM   #20

emailj wrote:
Quote:
Hey,

Unsure what I will get now. I did return this camera today. I am thinking about the Sony CyberShot DSCH1 5.1MP Digital Camera. I really want the 12X zoom, I dont know what to get really. Any suggestions?

Hi there,

The Panasonic DMC-FZ5 or FZ20 are highly recommended 12x 5mp cameras, there's also the Konica Minolta DiMage Z5.

I am personally torn between the FZ5 & FZ20, but still also contemplating the S2, oh decisions decisions!

I'd best make my mind up quickly, I've got Live8 coming up!

Karen :bye:
kdk0408 is offline   Reply With Quote