Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 26, 2005, 11:49 PM   #1

I've been doing some research on this camera and some of the things I picked up was that the SD500's image is noisy, purple fringing is pretty common, night shots are not that great, and lastly, the LCD screen might be prone to break much akin to the other SD series cameras.What is up with all the complaints about the LCD screen breaking not to mention, error messages showing up? I used to own anolder S series elphman, had it for over a year and never encountered the problems cited.

For those of you who own this camera, have you experienced any problem yet with the SD500? The 7.1 megapixel seems great, which would be the main reason for wanting this camera.
Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 12:00 AM   #2

Edit: title of post should read "How good is the SD500 for those who actually used it?":roll:
Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:14 PM   #3

How about - "should I get the Casio Z750 or the new Kodak V550 ?" :roll:
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 6:00 AM   #4

Hi,
Just bought my SD500 last week, overall, can't complained much, start up time awesome, cross stitch is easy to follow but there is one setback, do be extra careful on which SD brand cards you are using, the one I had from the shop, error came out after using 60% of it, later got a new replacement of the same brand, the error came again, you can't see any images, sometimes it shut down by itself and just when you need to shoot, the error came again.
Using a Sandisk 512 MB, no problem at all, not sure with other brands of SD cards.
Will get my 256MB SD card change 2nd time and ask for Sandisk. Still love this SD500.
cheers,
Ramakristan
Ramakristan is offline   Reply With Quote