Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 27, 2005, 1:46 PM   #1

s2:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

h-1:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/re...5/24/1460.html

the noise in the bunny pics is quite different. The Sony was at ISO 64, the Canon does not list ISO so im guessing it was ISO 100 in auto mode.

montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 2:04 PM   #2

Taken at different settings and the items in the pictures are not even the same, thus not really the same photo. In my unprofessional opinion, not a good comparison to choose one over the other.
digitalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 2:20 PM   #3

Sony H-1, Canon S2 image comparison up!

http://www.dcresource.com/specials/S2_vs_H1/index.shtml
Old May 27, 2005, 2:34 PM   #4

Thanks for the comparison link.

My $.02

Sony has less noise and the colors might be slightly better,and the Canon is sharper and has much less purple fringe.

Any other opinions?
Louddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 3:28 PM   #5

I take part of that back, the sony colors seem more vibrant because they have a blue hue to them, while the canon colors seem more real.

Considering the canon has much better features and functions, I think I'm going with the Canon.
Louddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 3:35 PM   #6

Ditto Louddog!
Old May 27, 2005, 8:17 PM   #7

the Canon seems to have more noise, and less vibrant colors. Im sure the color saturation can be tweaked. Both have too much C.A.
Old May 28, 2005, 12:15 AM   #8

Based on the comparison images released, I easily give the edge to the Sony and I can't wait for more test pics to be released...I asked my girlfriend, who knows NOTHING about cameras to tell me which pictures she liked best on the page...she picked every picture in the right-hand column...A lot of people jumped the gun by saying the S2 will embarass the H1, mainly due to the fact that the H1 does not have a Zeiss lens...HOWEVER, all of the cybershot cameras that have Zeiss lenses are manufactured by Sony and simply 'branded' with the Zeiss name, they are not manufactured by Zeiss, people need to understand this. So Sony saves some royalty-fee money by not branding the lens on the H1, so what? the lenses come from the same place as the Zeiss lenses, and people state that this is a knock on the H1? no...I ordered my H1 before these test images came out, and I'm glad I did...
van_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 6:20 AM   #9

van_city wrote:
Quote:
I asked my girlfriend, who knows NOTHING about cameras to tell me which pictures she liked best on the page
I pretty much no nothing as well and I preferred all the pictures on the left (with the exception of the shed picture, #4). My husband on the other hand preferred some on the right and some on the left. I think between the two, it's personal preference, can't go wrong with either...
Old May 28, 2005, 9:49 AM   #10
TCB

I agree...matter of preference...I like a couple of the Sony's better, but like some of the Canon's as well. As far as Noise and CA...both are pretty much equal. Feature set is better on the Canon, so that's what sold me
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote