Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 27, 2005, 7:02 PM   #1

Just looked at Canon S2 IS pics on web and they sure look good. My quick looksee makes me think it will give PanaZ's a run for the best 12X. I have been waiting for this S2's reviews which will be done later by Jeff and may now wait for the Samsung 15X. Competition is really heating up!

Jeff has some Sony pics of same locations to compare to S2.

Take a look at: http://www.dcresource.com/specials/S2_vs_H1/index.shtml

I await any of your opinions as to camera and picture quality.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:29 AM   #2

I know your post isn't about the Sony, but I looked at the link you posted

http://www.dcresource.com/specials/S2_vs_H1/index.shtml

And I personally like the images produced by the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 on that link.

The colors appear more accurate to me, distortions at full zoom look the same, hard to tell since neither sets of images are perfectly level so the distortions/bends are in different areas. But look to be the same amount of error. The Canon samples seem to be fairly warm in tone compared to what looks like a more neutral tone in the Sony side-by-side samples.

I don't know how much either one cost, or other features of the 2 cameras. But if they are both 12X, the Sony samples look better to me.

Just thought I would point that out. I am still looking for a link to the PanaZ people talk about. Is that a nickname? Cause I have never heard of it, if it's by any of the big name people suchs as Nikon, Canon, FujiFilm, Kodak,Konica Minola, Olympus, etc.
xenon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:30 AM   #3

The PanaZ or just Z's are thr friendly term and shortened version for Panasonic Z cameras-all Z versions like Z5, Z15. Z20. Just easier to type. Might even see PanZ or panz's. People refer to other cameras like Sony as just the H1 or 950 (for Nkon 950).

Thanks for your comments. I saw some more pics of the S2 IS and have to find where they were posted as really best I have seen and not soft but sharp and overall great quality. I'll post it here if I can remember and find site.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 8:08 PM   #4

Xenon2000,

Hope this url works okay. This is the site I mentioned having some great pics from the Sony H1. Originally I thought and said they were taken with the Canon S2 but was mistaken (late night).
I'm almost ready to buy the H1 but will still wait for the Samsung Pro815 reviews and picture samples. Had been set on the Panasonic Z20 (PanaZ20) but...

Here's the web site. Hope you see this and I would like to see your comments after viewing.

http://www.bangkoksite.com/DigitalCa...yDSCH1/H1A.htm