Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 27, 2005, 7:51 PM   #1

I phoned Vistek in Calgary yesterday and ordered my S2 (They matched a price for me so I only had to pay $665 Canadian) Sent my sister in Calgary down to pick it up yesterday after work and they said there had been an error--that they hadn't arrived yet and wouldn't be in till tomorrow (today) and they would call her when they arrived.

Today I called Vistek and they told me that they hadn't come in yet so I resigned myself to having to wait till at least Monday.

Well thank goodness my sister didn't wait for them to call her but just went there after work. Turns out they Did get 3 S2's in! Trouble was, they already had orders for 5 of them and my name was Not on the list to receive one of the 3! BUT since my sister was there waiting and one of the people that they were calling to say there camera was in was not home! End result, my sister has mine in hand!!---Now I just have to wait for it to be Express Posted from Calgary to here!!

So it should be here by Tuesday or so!--I can't wait!
brendak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 10:53 PM   #2

Awesome! I'm happy for you! Cross your fingers for me...London Drugs is supposed to have 9 coming in tomorrow (between 2 stores) and one is supposed to have my name on it. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing! The truck is supposed to show up by 9am, so I'm calling them at 9:01am.
digitalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 1:03 AM   #3

Really? I called London Drugs today when I thought I wasn't going to get it from Vistek--they told me that they wouldn't be getting any in till Weds or Friday! I hope you manage to get one!

Did you callThe Camera Store(thecamerastore.com) to see if they had any in? They're only $675 there. Oh and somebody posted somewhere that Radioshack (now The Source) was advertising them for sale for only $649 but I called them and they told me that the S2 isn't on their list at all :?

Anyway, I hope you get yours tomorrow--turns out my sis decided to come visit for the weekend so I'll have mine tomorrow too.
brendak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 5:10 AM   #4

I got different stories from almost every London Drugs as I called a bunch in different cities as well. And yes I got the same story as you. Today I actually went in and got the guy to physically look in his computer, and it said that 4 were on the truck for delivery Saturday morning for one store and 5 for the other store. I guess I'll see tomorrow morning!!

And I also called EVERY Radio Shack in my city (5), none had them. I believe that poster got it confused with the Panasonic FZ5 that was advertised at $649. I also tried the Camera Store but they said they had none (don't remember if I called yesterday or the day before).

If I end up getting mine from London Drugs, I'm not too worried about the price as they'll price match anyone that they can "verify" (i.e. either it's a well known place like Future Shop, or they can call to verify the price and that it's in stock). So, hopefully I can at least get the price you paid!

Please report back when you get yours and I'll do the same. I'll be mighty sad if mine doesn't show up tomorrow...

What province are you in?
Old May 28, 2005, 10:33 AM   #5

YES!! I just called London Drugs and they are IN! I am on my way to pick it up now!
Old May 28, 2005, 11:26 AM   #6

I got it! Now it's time to play!