Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 31, 2005, 6:39 AM   #1

I would like to buy one of these cams, help me to choose. I understand the only difference between Ixus30 and Ixus40 is resolution and details in shape. But what does Ixus50 offer more than bigger resolution? Is it for example true that it allows to zoom when recording video? Thx for any help.
tyrol_gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 11:52 PM   #2

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...sd400&show=all
sc0rpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:05 AM   #3

the onlly difference such tables show is that ixus 50 has 4x digital zoom and ixus 30 and 40 have only 3,6x digital zoom. it also show a little bit slower "continuous drive". i also know that than ixus 50 has some ability to lighten LCD up when dark.

but according to SOME of the review, ixus 50 also has LONGER FLASH RANGE and is ABLE TO ZOOM WHEN RECORDIN VIDEO. these functions(flash/zoom)would make me buy the most expensive one, i don't care about digital zoom etc. i need to confirm these especially as some reviews don't mention these functions or even say the cam DOES NOT HAVE 'EM. also there could be some other functions not mentioned in review, ie. ixus 50 seems to be the only one you can attach external flash to. anyone?
tyrol_gangster is offline   Reply With Quote