Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:37 AM   #1

ı bought a Canon a510 2 months ago,and it is my first camera.In turkey like many other brands,Canon is also expensive,for example ı bought A510 at 258 Euro...

And 4 days later,CAnon Flash did not work.ı took pictures without flash but ı cant take pictures using flash...and some times when took pictures without flash,the camera process lasts about 1minutes and than it shows "change battery"...ı use 2300 mA Kodak,and ı charged it 12 horus along the night...

ı went to service and they tried but the same failure occured....they sow battery and flash problem....

they got my camera to send to service in Istanbul (by the way live in turkey)

But ı cant trust them..u ll ask why...In turkey whichever brand u use,Canon olympus creative,asus so on...customer service shows themselves right and the camera problem occures because of my own fault....and that's why ı cant trust neither canon or other's service in turkey....This problem occured suddenly,ı dont know why and how?

the customer service told me we dontsuggest 2300 mA battery generally as they make camera hard to work...and may beservicewill say "u used them that we down offer and now all problems are becauseof battery,so it is out of quarantee"

ı am sure they ll tell me this,they do this just to get much more money...guessin turkey Canon PowershotA51o is 258 Euro...and other cameras for example G6 is 779€,s70 is 679€, S1 IS is 549€....

and ı am really lack of hope...

bisquit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:28 AM   #2

Before you give up all hope, try a few things. First, get some regular alkaline batteries and see if the same thing happens. If not, maybe your rechargeable batteries are not good, then you can get some new rechargeables, I am using 2300mah in my A510 and so far they are fine. Then also check that the battery cover on the bottom is fitting tight when you close it and that the memory card flap is fitting tight. There is some sort of circuit which requires all closed tightly for the camera to work right. Good luck andlet us know how it works out.
mes444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:29 AM   #3

the customer tried it with new battery and the result was same with me.ı gave the service today and waiting it to be repaired..hoping actually
bisquit is offline   Reply With Quote