Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1

I bought SD500 (IXUS700) with Kingston Elite Pro 1 Gb 50x SD memory card. It looks like those two peaces of hardware are not compatible. Randomly pictures could not be previewed or downloaded from camera with error "unknown image". I tried two different Kingston 1Gb cards on two different SD 500 cameras, and all combinations failed. Also, I formated SD cards using camera, both ways (long and short), formated after that on other Canon camera, formated on PC. I tried different Kingston 50x 1Gb card. No changes. Also, tried different SD500 camera with same Kingston 50x 1Gb SD card - same issue. You can start camera in play mode for example 4 times (working ok), and 5. time it will show instead of pictures whole bunch of question marks with "unknown image" title, like it can not recognize pictures from the card. Also, when you download pictures, sometimes it works, sometimes you get only empty images - jpeg file is for example 2Mb long, but it is completely empty (only 0x00 inside). Does anybody have this camera with some 1Gb SD card that is working properly? I'm starting to be afraid that this is some general issue for this camera?!? DPreview testers were using SanDisk Extreme III 1Gb SD card but it is little bit too expensive for me...
kcunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:50 AM   #2

Ok, found answer in other topic... Thnx...
kcunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 6:19 PM   #3

Hi,
No problem for me using the Kingston Elite pro 512MB SD card with my Ixus 700 or SD500.
You may noticed there are a few SD brand cards not compatible to the SD series, so far tested are the Kingston, Scandisk and lexar, all worked fine with the 512mB, not sure with the 1GB card, mine all 512 MB.
Hope this help, cheers.
Ramakristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:30 PM   #4

I have exact the same problem with a Ixus 700/Sd500 and a Kingston 1GB Elite Pro (50x) SD card; will try to by a card from another vendor.
lienjohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 3:13 AM   #5

I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I am having the difficult taking shoots when I power on the Ixus 700 with viewing mode. However if I switch to shooting mode during power on, it is okay. And this only happens after I have taken around 100Mbs of pictures.

But this is not the only problem. After taking more and more photos, I have faced another problem. It has diffuclt detecing memory cards even I power on with shooting mode. I have to switch on and off the cameras for a few times before I can shoot, thats very frustrating.
hahaguy is offline   Reply With Quote