Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:29 AM   #1

Hi guys Im new to this forum. I recently bought an Canon SD500 and I must say I like it a lot. Im not a professional or anything but i wanted a good camera that could let me do some interesting stuff. While playing with this camera and reading the manual and whatnot, I dont know if Im mistaken and i seriously hope I am but is there no way to set manual focus, manual aperature priority as well as set shutter speeds slower than 1 second?

I've been playing with this thing and trying to find out how to change these settings but I cant figure it out. I'd really hope this camera would be a bit more manual than its leading me on to think. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because I have to decide whether or not I should stick with this or go with an Canon A95 instead. Manual is a big thing for me and i really was hoping this camrea would have good manaul functions. Thanks everyone!
gquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:07 AM   #2

Hi,

I'm a SD500 newbie myself. I'm still learning how to unlock its full potential. So far, I've been relying mostly on manual mode and depending on what your personal preference is with respect to color setting, you can experiment with the different photo effect modes - off, vivid, neutral. Just play around with it. I don't know if you know this, but macro pictures tend to come out a bit overexposed and so you might need to purchase an external flash to correct the image quality. But like I said, I'm still learning.

BTW, I don't think you're going to get a lot of help in this forum as most Canon users seem to own the new S2. I guess it's the camera everyone is talking about these days. You might want to check out dpreview.com Canon forum; it's much more active than this one.

Please post some pics soon.
Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 3:44 PM   #3

Thanks for your help! i'll go check out that forum and see if theres anymore help there.
gquie is offline   Reply With Quote