Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:24 AM   #1

Does anyone here know if the remote is available for this camera and how much it is? Anybody here try the remote for this camera? I am looking to upgrade and I can't figure out if a wireless remote is available...another site listed it as an option

Thanks

gregg
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:34 AM   #2

The Canon WL-DC100 will work on the S1, but not S2. As for the future, well, since there's no IR remote receiver on the S2's body, don't count on one becoming available. It's too bad, as I use the remote for my G6 and S1 all the time for tripod shots, and now that I've replaced the S1 with an S2, I'm sure I'll miss the remote.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
G6, S410, S1 (just sold), S2 (just bought)
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:03 PM   #3

Thanks Dean

But I did find that out...I called canon....to be honest I was mad....why upgrade every feature on the camera except that? they could have put the sensor in and made the remote an option....that certainly would have sold more camera and given them the dge over the sony equivalent

I decided the telephoto was something I could live without for now...that and my budget...and after talking with people on here...feature per dollar...the camera for me is the olympus c-7070...as I have some acc. that will work with it including the remote from my 3040 and the olympus fl-20 flash....the camera goes for $340 on Abes of maine.....7.1mp

I really wanted the rebel and later get the lens......but I am on a tight budget and can always do that in a year or two

gregg

(New Port Richey)
Attached Images

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote