Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:20 PM   #1

It's my 2nd day using the S2 IS after using an S1 for the past year. I sold the S1 for this and I like it alot except for one thing and I can't seem to figure out if it's a camera problem or a setting problem on my part.

Whenever I'm in bright or at least decent light the speed of either LCD is probably 30 frames per second or so, very fast, works great. Get into low light and it drops to way below 15, 3 or 5 FPS maybe. It's jerky and extremely annoying. Once the camera focuses it's back to full speed. I know the S1 was speedy all the time and didn't do this and was one of my reasons for liking it so much.

I got rid of an old HP camera when I bought the S1 simply because of the low light lag. Please tell me I can keep this from happening on my new S2 so I don't sell it for another S1.
ndtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:49 AM   #2

I have noticed it too. In reasonable light, it only takes a couple of seconds to focus and regain its speed tho. Have you tried playing around with the continuous focus setting? I haven't yet.

The first time this irritated me was last nigh in a VERY dark room.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:38 PM   #3

I did, it didn't make a difference wether it was on continuous or not. No other focusing or IS or ten of the other settings I messed with made any difference.
ndtinker is offline   Reply With Quote