Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:46 AM   #1

in shooting mode, my a60 shows a dark blob, usually with purple hues. no actual image is discernable. sometimes the true image i am trying to capture may appear for a second, - but ONLY when the camera is first turned on - then this blob appears. the blob does slightly shift and alter its dark hues, and ragged edges, as the camera is trained on various things. if the image is captured, the same blob does indeed appear in the catalogue of images. the batteries are freshly charged. any thoughts??
:angry:
damalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:06 PM   #2

damalex wrote:
Quote:
in shooting mode, my a60 shows a dark blob, usually with purple hues. no actual image is discernable. sometimes the true image i am trying to capture may appear for a second, - but ONLY when the camera is first turned on - then this blob appears. the blob does slightly shift and alter its dark hues, and ragged edges, as the camera is trained on various things. if the image is captured, the same blob does indeed appear in the catalogue of images. the batteries are freshly charged. any thoughts??
:angry:
The dark blob sounds like a problem with the camera. I think it's likely you'll need to get the camera repaired, or exchanged. Hope it's still under warranty.

As for your comment about...."no actual image is discernable. sometimes the true image i am trying to capture may appear for a second, - but ONLY when the camera is first turned on - then this blob appears"....I don't quite understand what you mean by all of that. What I mean is....what kind of image are you talking about when you said 'no actual image is discernable'? Then next, you talk about some true image you are trying to capture may appear for a second. Not sure what you mean by that at all. Do you mean that your camera's LCD screen, in the shooting mode, will only display what is seen through the lens for only about 1 second after the camera is turned on, and then it will suddenly give no image except for a blob on the screen? So the camera is basically not operational right? If that's the case, then the camera is definitely broken, and needs to be fixed.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:14 AM   #3

ken - thank you for your reply. I anticipated the camera would need professional repair, but was hoping perhaps some other problem might surface.
damalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:02 PM   #4

All the best with the camera damalax! Hope you're up and running again soon.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote