Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:26 AM   #1

Just been advised by photo store that Ixus 700 is discontinued (here in Australia at least). After a bit of investigating, found a new model name called Ixus 716 - but cannot find any information on it. Does anyone know what it may be, or the USA equivalent. I know the Ixus 700/SD500 are the same.ThanksNick
nickoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:10 AM   #2

Does anyone have more information on this? It seems a tad early to discontinue the IXUS 700 - it has been 4-5 months since its release?

kimnkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:36 AM   #3

The Canon IXUS 700 has been "unofficially" discontinued.

A new replacement Canon IXUS 750 7.1 MP Compact is due to be released on the Australian market in late September. It will be priced above the current IXUS 700.

In the meantime, Canon Australia is playing dumb, saying that the IXUS 700 is merely "out of stock" in Australia, and will be replaced soon. Currently, you cannot buy an IXUS 700 in Australia even if you wanted to, as Canon is attempting to run out the stock.

The IXUS 750 is already available in Europe/US, and a simple google search will ascertain its specs.
bazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:01 AM   #4

Do you know roughly how much it will be above the IXUS 700? Say if the IXUS 700 can be had for $750, how much (very roughly) would the IXUS 750 be? Say around $800 or more around $850? I've got the IXUS 700 but i'm thinking of 'upgrading' (is it a real upgrade?) to the IXUS 750 if it doens't end up costing me too much.

Thanks
Kim.
kimnkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:33 PM   #5

The IXUS 750 information has been released on the Canon Aust Website, just do a search for IXUS 750 on the website.

According to Canon, the IXUS 750 will retail for $799. Hence, when newly released, its initial street price will be around the high 600 mark.

Currently the IXUS 700 street price is $659 from a RRP of $849.

From what I can see, the cameras will be "essentially" similar, it appears the 750 is an upgrade. Both share the same battery pack, have similar dimensions (hence sharing the same soft case), and the same lens.

Probably not worth upgrading.

bazza is offline   Reply With Quote