Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1

anyone have any recommendations on a super slim case that perfectly fits the canon sd400? the canon psc-50 and psc-90 make it really bulgy and not slim anymore.. id like to keep the camera slim even w/ a case on

thanks
chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:28 PM   #2

Like you, I checked out the cases that canon made for my sd400 and found them a bit too bulky...and hard. Nice that they'd protect the lcd, but kind of defeated the point of getting a tiny camera. I followed someone elses suggestion and purchased a case made for a Pentax camera. It's very snug, is soft leather, and has a tiny pocket in front where I carry an extra battery. Even with the extra battery, it fits in my pocket better than the Canon cases. I HATE that it has "Penax" embossed on the front, but it's pretty subtle. If you'd like I can take a picture and post it. I believe I bought it at Wolf Camera for around $19.

The only negative that I have about this and most cases is that in order to slip it on my belt, I need to undo my belt first. I found one case that fits the SD400 well (I think from Lowepro), but its outer dimensions were a little bulkier.
leiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:36 PM   #3

leiman wrote:
Quote:
Like you, I checked out the cases that canon made for my sd400 and found them a bit too bulky...and hard. Nice that they'd protect the lcd, but kind of defeated the point of getting a tiny camera. I followed someone elses suggestion and purchased a case made for a Pentax camera. It's very snug, is soft leather, and has a tiny pocket in front where I carry an extra battery. Even with the extra battery, it fits in my pocket better than the Canon cases. I HATE that it has "Penax" embossed on the front, but it's pretty subtle. If you'd like I can take a picture and post it. I believe I bought it at Wolf Camera for around $19.

The only negative that I have about this and most cases is that in order to slip it on my belt, I need to undo my belt first. I found one case that fits the SD400 well (I think from Lowepro), but its outer dimensions were a little bulkier.

i'd really appreciate it if you could take a few pics of the case. also, if you have another digital camera, can u take a picture of the case with the sd400 inside it? if not that's cool

thanks!
chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:19 PM   #4

Here's a picture. I'll try to take a pic with the sd400 in it later. For now, I've used a quarter for "scale".

B
leiman is offline   Reply With Quote