Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 13, 2005, 4:42 AM   #1

Hi!

I bought myself a Canon S2 IS - my first camera more complex than a point and shoot compact... so far I've really enjoyed playing around with it and learning about photography.

One thing I really would like to be able to do would be to take very wide angle shots (fisheye?). I know there are expensive add-on lenses for this from Raynox, but all I am looking for is a bit of fun and not so worried about the image quality. If I really get into all of this, I'll probably buy myself an SLR anyway and then spend the money on proper lenses for this kind of stuff.

The kind of effect I am looking to get is something like the two photos below. Something to try to "open out" a room.

Would something like one of these do the trick [Ebay item]?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O19821B9B

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O1B825B9B

Thanks for any help you can give.

David.

davidpfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:05 AM   #2

Hi David:

Take a look at this Lensmate site:

http://www.lensmateonline.com/S2.html

It will answer a lot of questions for you, and provides sample photos taken with the various adapters. FWIW, I've got Lensmate's adapters on my G6, S1, and S2. and can tell you that you'll find nothing better. Really nicely made, and the service is great. Their adapter is also perfect for providing protection for the lens, as you can keep a UV filter always mounted, and their lenscap stays in place, unlike the one Canon provides. The Op/Tech wrist strap is very nice, too, and I've got one on both my G6 and S2.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
G6, S410, S1 (just sold), S2 (just bought)
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:46 AM   #3

dcains....which size lensmates did you purchase for your cameras? I just picked up my S2 IS and want to know which would be a better choice?
AVITWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:11 PM   #4

Hello:

I have only used Lensmate's 52mm adapters, on both of my G-series and S-series Canons. But, I only use them for UV filters and polarizers, never any lenses. If you can't decide on what to buy after looking at the samples on the lensmate site, just send an email to them. They have always been very helpful to me, and can probably answer your questions.

Regards,

Dean
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote