Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 21, 2003, 7:13 AM   #1

Default Canon Powershot A200

Hi,

I bought 1 of these 2day although im VERY pleased with this camera according to performance over price, i have 1 complaint. The camera CHEWS UP batteries within 30 shots, i dont have rechargable ones, although i want to buy a rechargeable kit from somewhere (i live in australia) now unless theres something im missing, i will be broke unless i find a rechargable kit, can anyone help me.

Thank you!
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2003, 1:25 PM   #2

I went thru the batteries the first night I played with the A200. I had maybe 20 shots before the "low batteries" msg popped up. I didn't waste anytime in buying NIMH rechargeable batteries and recharger, along with a spare set of NIMH AA batteries. Along with rechargeable batteries, an additional Compact Flash card (at least 32, but I would buy a 128) are mandatory accessories in my opinion.
Mister_two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 6:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_two
I went thru the batteries the first night I played with the A200. I had maybe 20 shots before the "low batteries" msg popped up. I didn't waste anytime in buying NIMH rechargeable batteries and recharger, along with a spare set of NIMH AA batteries. Along with rechargeable batteries, an additional Compact Flash card (at least 32, but I would buy a 128) are mandatory accessories in my opinion.
Do the batteries last any longer? or are they just a long-term money saver..
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 4:54 AM   #4

Default Canon Powershot A200

The rechargable batteries usually last much longer but it all depends on how much you use them. If the flash is used in every photo or you are zooming in and out (don't know if the A200 has a zoom) and if you connect the camera to the computer to download your images. I have a set of 4 NiMH batteries are they are very good but I use a CF card reader when it comes to downloading the images from the camera. Buy a set and get a card reader aswell, they are well worth it in the long term.

rimbo
rimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
Do the batteries last any longer? or are they just a long-term money saver..
Both, they last much longer and they are a money saver. I bought some no-name generic NIMH batteries and they work fine. Four NIMH AA came with the charger and i bought four additional ones just in case.
Mister_two is offline   Reply With Quote