Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:07 AM   #1

Should the image stabilisation icon always be visible. I have just purchased this camera and can find no way to hide the "hand". It is always visible in both viewfinder and LCD.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:53 AM   #2

Read page 35 of your camera's manual(when all else fails read the instructions), there you will get an explanation about IS. When it is turned off there will be no display in either the LCD or EVF.

I set mine up in custom function setting so I can control it instantly with the 'S' button on the back, very convenient this way.

Good Day,

Steven
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:57 AM   #3

Are you saying that if I set mine to IS continuous, then the icon would appear continuously as default. Why is this the only function whose icon does that. Being a newbie I have to ask if it is wrong to set it to continuous.

I just find seeing that icon annoying.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:31 PM   #4

Odd as it seems, you'll notice better image quality if you set the IS to be active only during shooting, rather than continuous.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
G6, S410, S2
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:31 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice, but does the icon remain on the LCD always. Mine does and I don't know if it's a fault.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:50 PM   #6

Yes, I believe the IS icon does always appear on the display even if you have all the other information on the display turned off. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your camera - just the way it is. I find it handy to know what mode the IS is in; there are other symbols that seem a bit silly to have displayed (like the symbol that indicates that the flash is turned off, when it's obvious as the flash is not up!).

Mark

www.westcoastpaddler.com
WestCoastPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:21 AM   #7

Gidday Caveman

Ithink i answered this elsewhere-but anyway the reason the IS and wind filter icons stay there when activated is because they are important for the movie function which is able to be operated in every setting and you really do need to know if panning IS or your wind filter is on .

Tis the only reason i can think why you can get rid of every thing else and not them.

Good thinking by Canon and annoying for you

Cheers Dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote