Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:50 PM   #1

Hi,

I have the power shot a95.. could someone tell me how to change the time from the 24 hour time to the regular time. i go to set date and time but it shows the time like 2400 etc instead of like 5pm.

thanks a bunch.
goosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:31 AM   #2

As far as I've ever seen, Canon camera's all use 24-hour clocks. So 13:45 = 1:45PM, 22:20 = 10:20PM, etc. Just subtract 12 hours from any time past 13:00 to get the "PM" time.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
G6, S410, S2
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:57 AM   #3

Thanks..

I had hope a way to change it whenemailing other's mypictures they find it a little

frustrating.
goosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:26 AM   #4

You'd have to rewrite the Exif standard to do this.FromĀ*http://www.exif.org/Exif2-1.PDFDateTimeThe date and time of image creation. In this standard it is the date and time the file was changed. The format is "YYYY:MMD HH:MM:SS" with time shown in 24-hour format, and the date and time separated by one blank character [20.H]. When the date and time are unknown, all the character spaces except colons (":") may be filled with blank characters, or else the Interoperability field may be filled with blank characters. The character string length is 20 bytes including NULL for termination. When the field is left blank, it is treated as unknown.Tag = 306 (132.H)Type = ASCIICount = 20Default = none
jefmcg is offline   Reply With Quote