Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:52 PM   #1

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

I'M TRYING TO DECIDE: CANON POWERSHOT SD550, CASIO EXILIM Z750, OR OLYMPUS STYLUS 800

I GO TO A LOT OF CONCERTS AND I HAD THE SONY T7 AND IT WAS JUST PLAIN AWFUL, SO WHICH CAMERA THAT I MENTIONED IS GOOD IN THOSE SETTINGS?

I'VE HEARD CANON HAS A GREAT REPUTATION

I'VE HEARD PEOPLE MENTION PROBLEMS WITH THE LCD CRYSTAL ON THE CASIO AND MEDIOCRE CUSTOMER SERVICE

HAVEN'T HEARD MUCH ABOUT OLYMPUS...:?
LILHUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:48 PM   #2

I am assumingfromthe two cameras you listedthat you want a 7 mp. ultracompact. Of these two, the Canon SD550 offers excellent image quality, but few manual controls. The Casio Z750 has manual controls, but I do not think the image quality compares with the SD550. In addition, there have been many reports of a "lens error" with the Z750 that was the deciding factor in my eliminating it as a serious contender. I would go to a camera store and handle both. Frankly, if I had to choose b/t these two models, the SD550 would win hands down! (Or the SD450 if 5 mps. are enough for you.)
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:36 AM   #3

I appreciate you getting back to me. Sorry it took so long- I didn't check off to be notified when someone responded & I thought I did, so I didn't bother checking for replies b/c I didn't get notified (am I confusing you? lol) I've heard about the lens errors with the Z750 as well. What manual controls is the SD550 missing? And how does that effect the performance? Please get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks!
LILHUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote