Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:31 PM   #1

I've only had it a year, bought it used from a friend, but it worked great, until now. Now it has started producing the black screen thing occasionally, but even worse, the color is now orange looking in every picture. Look at this and tell me if you've ever seen anything like it. I'm so sad, and on the hunt for a new camera to replace it.
Thanks
Katina
Mom of 2 :? boys

katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:31 AM   #2

My A70 does that too, it's about 2 years old. I sometimes get pictures thatlook like this:

And afterI tap the camera on theshoulder the colors come back:

It's very annoying when the camera does this because it's sometimes hard to see on LCD screen if it's purple or not so you could be taking pictures not knowing they will all be purple.

Anyways, don't be afraid to give your camera a gentle tap Katina. Or a squeeze with your index finger next to the power button on top and your thumb next to the tripod mount on the bottom, that works too sometimes. Good luck.
Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:16 AM   #3

Well, I tried it, and at first it didn't work, made the black lines come in it, but then it worked after I kept doing it. Thanks for the tip. Not sure if I should go ahead with plans to replace it or not.
katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote