Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:55 PM   #1

OK...I'm miffed!!! I've had my S2 now for less than a week and have already found two areas in my photos that show up with a bunch of blue pixels...I have read info on the "hot pixel" phenominon, but not of the descriptions seem to fit mine. They show up in almost every shot, I have one larger area and one smaller.

At 1024x768 its less noticeable. butthey get brighter at higher resolutions.

Anyone else know what gives...If I return it, is my chance just as good at getting the same problem?

Attached Images

AVITWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:26 AM   #2

hey it seems to be the noise. BTW it is a bit of a strain on the eyes to see this pic.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

Yeah, sorry about that....

They are always in the same place and pop up when I do not use the flash or in longer exposures....I have read alot about the dreaded "hot pixel" and am wondering if I should just exchange it for a new camera. When I opened this shot (mind you I shrunk it to put it on the site here) I noticed the lower one right away!

I am just hoping that when I go on my honemoon and take some nice shots, I wont have to spend hours in post cleaning up ALL of my images...

What do you think? Have you come across this before?

Here's a closeup...in really dark frames, they stand out like a sore thumb.
Attached Images

Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:57 AM   #4

I can't say I've noticed the same problem with my S2. It could just be a few dodgy pixels. If your camera is in warranty, just take it back to the shop and get them to change it. Hopefully you shouldnt have the same problem again. It could happen with any camera and I'm sure isnt a regular fault with the S2IS
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:01 PM   #5

Well it seems that there are MANY people out there who have this problem...and while I would agree that it seems to be a rockin camera, this many people with the same problem, I think they really need to do something faster...And we arent talking happening after months and months of use...Mine was three days home when they developed.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:16 AM   #6

Hi everybody!

Did you see my post "Dead pixel at S2-IS"? It`s about a STUCK PIXEL.

I guess you (we) have to do something because it`s a technical issue from factory!

Success!
Dan P is offline   Reply With Quote